Today, I’m sharing some ideas how to organize your closet with vintage glam.
I don’t know about you, but tackling a closet can seem overwhelming.
Getting rid of old clothes.
Finding things crammed in corners that have been missing for some time.
Sadly to say, at some point, it has to be done.
But don’t worry. I have some ideas for you that will organize your closet with vintage glam.
To get this look above, you will need to prep your closet first.
Step 1: Empty your shelves.
Step 2: Then wash them down with some cleaner.
Step 3: Now it’s time to add some organizing bins. I will link the pack of six that I used, here.
At the top of the shelves place your seasonal clothing, like winter sweaters, inside the storage bins.
I added a hat in the middle of each row.
It’s a decorating trick called, the power of 3. Or any odd number.
It is easy on the eyes.
It’s amazing how that works but it does.
Store your most used things at the bottom of the shelves.
Like these wicker baskets where I hold my body lotions and things to get ready in the morning.
I collect hats and love displaying them here. It’s my own personal touch.
You can add your own favorite things that you love to look at on your closet shelves.
Step 4: Now for the glamorous part.
This boutique style way of organizing jewelry is the bomb!
Here are some ideas of what to add.
- Add your favorite transferware to decorate your shelves. Here I have some Currier & Ives plates in the background that give it more vintage charm and fills in the empty space.
- Add some flowers by laying them on the sides to give a romantic and glamourous look.
- Add a small white ceramic 2 tier tray The height of this shelf is 11 inches. So, I stayed within that measurement for this tray. The display of my perfume and some of my favorite jewelry is so lush.
- Add a bracelet and watch holder. I placed a Currier & Ives plate underneath to add more space for jewelry. Not to mention its vintage vibe that fits perfectly with the look.
- Add a small mirror. When getting ready in the morning, this mirror comes in handy when putting on jewelry.
- Add a frame. I found this small 5×5 white frame with a gold accent. It has a glamorous look with a gold accent. I put some decorative paper inside. The little blue pitcher on the right gives it a vintage vibe.
- Add a jewelry bust. This tan linen display bust was a perfect addition to this transformation. I think it gives the glam I was looking for. On display is my treasured Stella and Dot pearl necklace. Plus, my sweet little heart pearl necklace. What a beautiful way to decorate my closet.
- Add a DIY 2-tier tray. This was a simple DIY. Taking a Currier & Ives bowl and saucer, I placed a 4 inch crystal candle holder on the bottom and a 2.5 inch candle holder on top. And a small crystal dresser knob that fit inside the small holder. I secured them with hot glue. It was a super easy DIY.
Step 5: Make a cozy area.
Another idea is to make a cozy area in your closet.
I love to hang out in here and write in my journal.
I placed an ottoman in the corner with some soft feather down pillows.
To give it a more cozy feel, I placed some wall art on the wall.
Inside the large frame I placed some decorative paper inside. A super easy DIY.
Step 6: Add more storage, like this 5 shelf towel holder.
Another way to add organization to your closet is to add these hanging storage cubes.
They are brilliant for holding things that usually get lost or are hard to keep organized.
Having storage for our towels has made life so much easier.
They were stuffed in the corner shelves and hard to get to.
I love this idea.
In the photo below is a hat organizer holder that is one of my favorites.
It holds seven hats.
I placed some of my handbags and belts on the side by attaching them to the hooks that are provided.
This is an amazing addition to my closet makeover.
This master bedroom closet makeover was a lot of fun to put together.
It has been a wonderful way to get ready in the morning and have all of my jewelry displayed in such a glamorous way.
What do you think?
I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Were you inspired?
For more details you can view it on YouTube.
I hope you enjoyed this master bedroom closet makeover.
For more decorating inspirations here is a link to my porch makeover, here.
Thanks for coming by Victorian Lane Farms